More info comes out as witness details mass shooting, cops search $800,000 home for evidence

More information is surfacing in connection to the mass shooting at Boulder’s King Soopers on Monday where the killer, Al Aliwi Alissa, yelled at police “I surrender, I’m naked!” as he gave himself up after the massacre.

Alissa requested to speak with his mother after surrendering to the police. That was after he stripped off and put his Ruger AR-556 rifle, handgun, and tactical vest down in the supermarket’s aisles.

Maggie Montoya, 25, is a pharmacy technician at the grocery store where the murders took place. She told officers that Alissa yelled his strange surrender approximately 30 minutes after the first shot occurred. Her manager screamed that there was an active shooter in the building and that was when Montoya hid in a room barricaded by a heavy metal door. She then called 911, her parents, and texted her boyfriend. The whole terrifying incident lasted more than an hour.

Other people escaped through the loading docks at the rear of the store, ran, or fled upstairs to an employee area. Starbucks coffee shop employees hid behind the counter.

(Video Credit: Fox News)

She commented that the shots were mostly fired during the first ten minutes of the assault. Montoya added: “Then, the store just got really quiet.” That was just before she heard the Boulder Police Department announce over a loudspeaker that the building was surrounded. That’s when Alissa responded: “I surrender, I’m naked.”

After that development, it was about 20 minutes before the police came in and arrested the shooter. She seemed to think that the police entered the building through the ceiling. Alissa was allegedly still “by the pharmacy when they told him to surrender. And he again said, ‘I surrender, I’m naked,’” she stated.

The suspect has now been charged with ten counts of first-degree murder. He ostensibly bought the gun he used six days prior to his killing spree. Alissa was shot in the leg and got treatment at a local hospital before being booked into the county jail on Tuesday.

It is being reported that Alissa shot a man in a vehicle next to his car as he got out to conduct his deadly rampage. Employees also say that he shot another man multiple times outside the grocery store before entering.

Montoya chillingly saw the body of a co-worker as she was escorted out of the building by police. “She’d been shot dead at the front,” she said. “I didn’t mean to see it — but we all loved them. She was always so nice to us, and she was my age,” she sadly recounted. “I think with where she was in the store, almost all of us saw her.”

Investigators proceeded to search Alissa’s $800,000 home for evidence of a motive connected to the shootings. They left the family home after an hour-and-a-half and claim they found other weapons. The shooter had a criminal record for assault. A police report indicates that he “beat up a teen bully who called him a terrorist” in 2017. The case was closed in 2018 when Alissa paid a fine.

Now-deleted Facebook posts showcase rants by Alissa on Islamophobia, his hatred of former President Trump, and his anguish over not having a girlfriend. He was paranoid and thought his phone was being hacked and according to some acquaintances, he allegedly thought people were following him that weren’t actually there.

The 21-year-old killer wrote: “Just curious what are the laws about phone privacy because I believe my old school (a west) was hacking my phone. Anyone know if I can do anything through the law?” That was posted on March 18, 2019, and seems to refer to Arvada West High School.

In another post, Alissa referenced the mosque shootings that took place in Christchurch, New Zealand in 2019: “The Muslims at the #christchurch mosque were not the victims of a single shooter. They were the victims of the entire Islamophobia industry that vilified them.” That was dated March 16, 2019.

He also decried perceived racism. In other posts, he voiced anti-LGBTQ sentiments and warned about overreaching government control.

Alissa’s family claims he is mentally ill and not responsible for his actions. They moved to the United States from Syria when he was 3-years-old.


Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!

Success! Thank you for donating. Please share BPR content to help combat the lies.


We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.

PLEASE JOIN OUR NEW COMMENT SYSTEM! We love hearing from our readers and invite you to join us for feedback and great conversation. If you've commented with us before, we'll need you to re-input your email address for this. The public will not see it and we do not share it.

Latest Articles