Biden approval rating hits ‘rock bottom’ in new poll; underwater on crime, immigration, inflation

Get the latest BPR news delivered free to your inbox daily. SIGN UP HERE

President Joe Biden’s approval rating continued to tank this week, reaching the lowest level recorded to date as voters are critical of the 46th president’s handling of virtually everything from inflation and crime to immigration.

Just 42 percent of respondents had a favorable outlook on Biden’s overall job performance, which reflects a one percent drop from last month and a 20 percent nosedive from a high of 62 percent in March 2021, according to a CBS/Yougov poll released Sunday morning.

Although shockingly low, several people on social media thought it still looked high and questioned, “Who are the crazy 42 %?”

When it comes to immigration, even Democrats aren’t keen on his approach to the southern border crisis with only 45 percent agreeing that the situation is being handled correctly. For Republicans, the border picture is much worse with only 18 percent indicating that they believe it’s being handled right. The majority of respondents overall (52 percent) believe that the Biden administration should be tougher on the border.

“This shows how unbelievably stupid a sizable portion of our population is,” one person commented. “How can anyone, from any political party support the worst immigration and humanitarian crisis in our nation’s history.”

Last November, college kids at the University of Texas at San Antonio had similar reactions to the administration’s border policies. Although they initially thought they approved of Biden’s policies, once they saw videos of the thousands of migrants pouring across the border, they changed their tunes.

“That’s more [people] than I was expecting”, one student said. “That — I do believe it’s a problem,” said another.

Although many U.S. adults surveyed found that the jobs market had improved drastically over last year’s Covid devastated market, only 31 percent had a favorable opinion of the national economy, with rampant inflation being a key factor for 86 percent of people who had it at the top of their list of reasons for why the economy was bad.

Gas Prices and shortages were also high on the list for the vast majority of people (82 and 69 percent, respectively) but half of Americans find the reason for a bad economy is because they “don’t trust Biden administration.”

Republicans and Democrats both supported additional mental health services being provided as a method to fight rising crime rates, but not necessarily at the expense of police funding with neither party putting defunding police as a top priority to reduce criminal activity.

It’s unclear if liberals and Biden’s administration will take the poll’s findings to heart as they have simply proposed peddling the same worn-out policies instead of rethinking their approach to government.

Last month a Democrat consultant told Fox News that Biden “should get out to places with the most important races and sell, sell, sell,” as well as do “everything he can to bring gas prices down, which could include a federal gas tax holiday.”


Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!

Success! Thank you for donating. Please share BPR content to help combat the lies.
Ashley Hill


We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.

PLEASE JOIN OUR NEW COMMENT SYSTEM! We love hearing from our readers and invite you to join us for feedback and great conversation. If you've commented with us before, we'll need you to re-input your email address for this. The public will not see it and we do not share it.

Latest Articles