A U.S. Army veteran slammed Rep. Steve Cohen for claiming that National Guard troops in Washington, D.C., could pose a threat to President-elect Joe Biden.
West Point graduate Jeremy Hunt called out the Tennessee Democrat for questioning the loyalty of 25,000 troops who have been deployed to the nation’s capital for Biden’s inauguration on Wednesday, calling it “absolutely ridiculous” and blasting him for exploiting an intelligence report to score political points.
With reports that the U.S. Military was running background checks and the FBI was conducting additional vetting of the Guard troops, Cohen weighed in on CNN, recounting how former India Prime Minister Indira Gandhi was assassinated by her own bodyguards, as he suggested some within National Guard could be suspicious.
“I think the Guard is 90-some-odd-percent I believe male, only about 20% of white males voted for Biden,” Cohen, a member of the House Judiciary Committee, said, adding that “there are probably not more than 25% of the people there that are protecting us that voted for Biden, the other 75% are in the class that would be the large class of folks who might want to do something.”
(Source: Fox News)
“It is absolutely ridiculous,” Hunt told “Fox & Friends” on Tuesday, slamming the Democrat who infamously brought a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken to a House Judiciary Committee hearing in 2019 to mock Attorney General William Barr.
“They are local law enforcement officers. I have a friend that is a small businessman. They are health care workers. And they literally dropped everything at a moment’s notice and they deployed to the Capitol to serve, leaving their families behind. They deploy to the Capitol to serve,” Hunt added.
The Associated Press reported on Tuesday that unnamed U.S. Army officials, “on condition of anonymity,” revealed that two National Guard members were pulled from their security role due to alleged “ties with right-wing militia groups.”
But Cohen’s inappropriate attack on the troops during his CNN remarks sparked heated backlash as Hunt went on to ostracize him for his “tremendous disservice.”
“And honestly, that’s a lot more than I can say about Congressman Cohen. I don’t know if he has ever served because he is doing a tremendous disservice to his constituents, to this country, sowing such division,” he said.
“What he was doing, he was taking a legitimate report from our intelligence sources and he was exploiting it to try to score some type of weird political points, trying to dunk on our military service members. I mean, it is completely embarrassing,” Hunt continued.
“I hope his constituents are taking note. And I hope that they send him packing come the next election cycle because we just don’t need this anymore,” he said of Cohen. “If you are in elected office and trying to sow such ridiculous theories, you need to go. You have no business leading this country.”
U.S. Rep Michael Waltz found Cohen’s comments “shocking.”
“I think every veteran, every Guardsman is offended by those comments,” the Florida Republican and combat-decorated Green Beret, told “Fox & Friends.”
Congressman Cohen’s remarks yesterday on the National Guard were riddled with ignorance and untruths.
It doesn’t matter your race or gender, our men & women who serve swore an oath to our constitution to protect against ALL enemies. pic.twitter.com/LJCFCN0JXw
— Rep. Mike Waltz (@michaelgwaltz) January 19, 2021
“It’s the definition of racism to stereotype an entire group based on their skin color and their gender,” he said.
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- ‘Are we next?!’ Kilmeade breaks down shady FBI actions, concludes Trump justified in his outrage - August 30, 2022
- Grandfather throws down with aggressive kangaroo that attacked his dogs, but who really won? - June 4, 2022
- ‘My name is Dr. Robinson’: Proud abortionist snaps at Chip Roy calling her ‘Miss’ during hearing - May 19, 2022
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.