Student loans have become so burdensome for people that a new survey found a large numbers of borrowers would agree to some eyebrow-raising behavior if it meant getting rid of them, including becoming infected with the Zika virus, moving to North Korea, and even having sex with Caitlyn Jenner.
Student loan debt is so bad that fully 58 percent of those responding to a new survey conducted by StudentLoans.net said they would vote for Donald Trump to get this country moving again so they could get good jobs to pay back their loans.
With the typical school debt soaring to $35,000 upon graduation, amounting to a more than one trillion-dollar debt bubble and climbing, and some students even graduating with over $100,000 in loan debt, graduates are really feeling the pinch over their dire financial situation just as they are beginning their professional lives.
And as Daily Caller noted, people seem pretty desperate in the new survey. For instance, a whopping 42.6 percent said they would date Caitlyn Jenner to get out of their loans. Also, 26.8 percent said they would be willing to be given the Zika virus if their loans were forgiven. 7.8 percent even said they’d agree to spend a decade in North Korea, the most oppressive nation in the world, to avoid their loans.
Some of the other outrageous behavior people said they’d agree to engage in to eliminate their debt are just as outrageous.
- 85 percent said they’d give up smoking pot
- 77.4 percent said they’d give up Snapchat for life
- 83.8 percent said they’d give up watching “Game Of Thrones”
- 76 percent said they’d give up lunchmeat
- 62.2 percent said they’d agree to do a porn movie
- 61.4 percent said they’d give up cheese for life
- 57.8 percent said they’d agree to speak to Comcast for an hour a day for five years
- 50 percent would agree to jump into a gorilla cage
- 42.8 percent said they’d give up toilet paper for a year
- 30.2 said they’d give up sex for a year
This isn’t the first crazy story connected to student loans. Back in 2013 it was discovered that a graduate lived in his car like a homeless man for two years to avoid having to take out another loan so he could finish school.
Ken Ilgunas is the man who secretly lived in a van for two long years on the campus of Duke University so he could earn his master’s degree without taking out another student loan.
But an even scarier story occurred just this year in Houston, Texas, where U.S. Marshals actually raided a man’s home because he hadn’t paid $1,500 in student loans.
Houston resident Paul Aker was stunned early this year when seven U.S. Marshals arrived at his home with combat weapons to place him under arrest for owing what he said was $1,500 in federal student loans.
“It’s out of control. Out of control,” Aker told the judge. “What if they had seen a gun on me? They would have shot me for 1,500 bucks.”
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- Bold school principal snubs complaints about kids flying Old Glory – and look what happens! - May 5, 2017
- Mike Huckabee makes ‘racist’ Cinco de Mayo declaration that furious libs are hoping he’ll keep - May 5, 2017
- Infuriating video shows mother & father threatened with JAIL when Delta boots toddler from prepaid seat - May 4, 2017
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.