With the celebration of Independence Day just around the corner, it is time to take stock of our patriotism and finance website Wallethub took time to take a survey to find out which states are the most patriotic.
Unfortunately, the site found patriotism is waning as only 28 percent of Americans in its survey said the U.S.A. was the best country in the world. That is down ten points since 2011. But patriotism is not a forgotten sentiment as the survey shows.
Wallethub used a list of 12 main questions to rank how each of the states reveal their patriotism. Questions such as how many residents enlisted in the military, the most veterans per capita, number of volunteers in the Peace Corps, level of participation in the last presidential election, rates of volunteering for charities, and the like, were used as the basis to assess each state’s level of pro-American sentiment.
The top ten most patriotic states in the review were:
- South Carolina
- New Hampshire
The bottom ten least patriotic in the study were:
- Rhode Island
- New York
- New Jersey
It might be interesting to note that most of the top ten are Republican states where as most of the bottom ten are controlled by the Democrat Party.
Some of the key findings:
- Red states are more patriotic, with an average ranking of 22.5, compared with 28.3 for blue states (1 = Best).
- Alaska has the highest number of veterans per 1,000 residents, 100.8, which is two times higher than in New York, the state with the lowest, 45.5.
- Georgia has the highest percentage of residents who enlisted in the military (non-prior service), 0.063%, which is three times higher than in North Dakota, the state with the lowest, 0.022%.
- Minnesota has the highest percentage of residents who voted in the 2012 presidential election, 74.37%, which is two times higher than in Arizona, the state with the lowest, 37.98%.
- Utah has the highest volunteer rate, 45.2%, which is three times higher than in Louisiana, the state with the lowest, 18.2%.
- Vermont has the highest number of Americorps volunteers per 100,000 residents, 58.91, which is eight times higher than in Virginia, the state with the lowest, 7.42.
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- Bold school principal snubs complaints about kids flying Old Glory – and look what happens! - May 5, 2017
- Mike Huckabee makes ‘racist’ Cinco de Mayo declaration that furious libs are hoping he’ll keep - May 5, 2017
- Infuriating video shows mother & father threatened with JAIL when Delta boots toddler from prepaid seat - May 4, 2017
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.