New footage shows killer of Trump supporter in Portland ‘lying in wait’ before fatal shooting

Get the latest BPR news delivered free to your inbox daily. SIGN UP HERE.

Newly released surveillance images from the night of Patriot Prayer member Aaron J. Danielson’s murder in Portland on Aug. 29th shows suspected killer Michael Forest Reinoehl, now deceased, lying in wait as if he’d planned the shooting.

The images are contained in Reinoehl’s arrest warrant affidavit, which was released by Multnomah County District Attorney Mike Schmidt on Friday, a day after Reinoehl was killed by federal authorities.

Seen below, the affidavit outlines all the events that transpired leading right up to Danielson’s murder:

Michael Forest Reinoehl arr… by V Saxena

At 8:44 pm, Reinoehl crossed SW Alder Street with a female in a white t-shirt and shorts. After crossing the street, the female stopped and stood against a wall, but Reinoehl continued moving:

This was when he first spotted Danielson not too far behind him.

Reinoehl looks back toward Danielson and Pappas, but continues walking and begins reaching toward his waist band,” the affidavit reads.

Chandler Pappas was Danielson’s friend and had been accompanying him on the night of the murder.

According to the affidavit, Reinoehl then “turns into the garage entry and reaches toward his left front waist area. Reinoehl conceals himself, waits, and watches as Danielson and Pappas continue walking by.”


Take note of the couple right behind the pair. The affidavit identifies them as Subject(s) #2.

“Danielson and Pappas do not appear to interact or communicate with anyone and continue southbound on SW 3rd Avenue. Danielson appears to be holding a can in his right hand and what appears to be an expandable baton in his left hand,” the affidavit continues.

After the two had passed the garage, Reinoehl “begins to emerge from garage while still reaching toward the pocket or pouch on his waistband.”

“Subject #2 looks back toward Reinoehl. Danielson and Pappas cross westbound across SW 3rd Avenue and Reinoehl and Subjects #2 follows them. The shooting occurs shortly thereafter and is not captured on the surveillance video.”

Video footage recorded by a bystander showed Danielson walking, minding his own business, when someone suddenly yelled, “We got a Trumper right there.”

Seconds later, the sound of gunshots could be heard.

Watch (*Graphic content):

“After the shooting, Reinoehl is observed backing into view [of the surveillance camera] while in the west most lane,” the affidavit continues.

Reinoehl’s right arm is raised as he is facing toward Danielson. Subject #2 has already turned and is running away. Reinoehl then turns and runs north then east on SW Alder Street while appearing to manipulate the same area of his vest with his hands.”

It’s not clear whether Subject #2 is the same person who’d yelled “We got a Trumper right there.”

The affidavit concludes with Portland Police Bureau Det. Rico Beniga sharing his belief that the evidence presented provides probable cause that Reinoehl “committed Murder in the Second Degree with a Firearm … in the shooting and murder of Aaron Joseph Danielson.”

Second-degree murder refers to murder that is intentional or reckless but happens mostly in the spur of the moment.

In the affidavit, Beniga also notes that earlier this week she’d spoken with the deputy of a nearby county who’d recently conducted a criminal investigation on Reinoehl’s son, Devin. During that investigation, Devin allowed the deputy to “seize his phone data which included text messages.”

One of those messages was sent from a contact labeled “Dad” on Aug. 7th and read as follows: “Sell me the gun for a quarter pound of weed and $100 i’m getting tired of this s–t I need a piece now.”

This finding suggests that the gun Reinoehl had used to kill Danielson had likely been obtained from his son.

The texts were sent about a month after Reinoehl was detained during a Black Lives Matter riot in downtown Portland for illegally possessing a loaded firearm, resisting arrest, and interfering with police.

However, prosecutors chose to drop the charges and let him off the hook. Roughly two months later, he went on to allegedly kill someone.

This isn’t the first time something of this nature has occurred in Portland.

Federal authorities had sought to apprehend Reinoehl on Thursday, but he wound up going out in a hail of bullets:

“Three law enforcement officials told The New York Times that Reinoehl was killed in Lacey, Wash., after a federal task force attempted to arrest him in connection to the shooting of Aaron Danielson, a member of the conservative group Patriot Prayer,” The Daily Caller reported.

“The Washington Post reported that a task force officer shot Reinoehl as he pulled a firearm while authorities attempted to take him into custody.”

It’s not clear whether anything would have turned out different had prosecutors chosen to give Reinoehl a taste of the criminal justice system back in July instead of just letting him off the hook scot-free.


Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!

Success! Thank you for donating. Please share BPR content to help combat the lies.
Vivek Saxena


We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.

PLEASE JOIN OUR NEW COMMENT SYSTEM! We love hearing from our readers and invite you to join us for feedback and great conversation. If you've commented with us before, we'll need you to re-input your email address for this. The public will not see it and we do not share it.

Latest Articles