Get the latest BPR news delivered free to your inbox daily. SIGN UP HERE.
The Minneapolis City Council voted unanimously last month to disband the police department, and Minneapolis Police Department offered resident tips that just may ensure the success of such a radical proposal.
In effect, police are encouraging residents to surrender to criminals as part of their “robbery prevention tips” — turn over your valuables and no matter what, don’t resist.
Minneapolis City Government tells residents to be ready to give up their phones and wallets and to always cooperate with criminals: pic.twitter.com/qQhw4YLRSY
— Kyle Hooten (@KyleHooten2) August 1, 2020
The advice comes after a 99-year-old woman fought off an intruder at her home in South Minneapolis, according to ABC 5.
“Be prepared to give up your cell phone and purse/wallet,” one tip read.
Another tip read: “Do not argue or fight with the criminal. Do as they say. Your safety is most important!”
Here are all the robbery prevention tips offered, according to KSTP:
• Do not walk alone
• Be hyper-aware of your surroundings at all times – pay attention!
• Carry only items you need, and carry less cash
• Be prepared to give up your cell phone and purse/wallet
• Have keys already in your hand as you approach your car
• Despite all our efforts, robberies may still occur! Do not argue or fight with the criminal. Do as they say. Your safety is most important!
• Be a good witness. When you call 911, be prepared to answer many questions. (How many suspects? Age, height, complexion, hair and eye color? Scars or tattoos? Weapon- what did it look like? What direction did they leave in? Vehicle description?)
In the aftermath of the Black Lives Matter riots following the death of local resident George Floyd, police have been under siege all across America.
And crime is surging.
Minneapolis Police Department warned of an increase in crime, saying officers have responded to 100 robberies and 20 carjackings in the 3rd precinct last month, the ABC affiliate reported — this being where Floyd died.
Thieves are reportedly stealing cell phones, purses and vehicles.
“According to MPD crime statistics, there have been 909 robberies in Minneapolis this year, a 37% increase from last year,” KSTP noted.
Killings in Minneapolis are up 95% from this time last summer.
All the while, Democratic Mayor Jacob Frey is dancing in the streets — believe it or not, he is the one in the t-shirt and rolled up jeans.
The worst crime on the streets of Minneapolis right now is Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey dancing.
— Benny (@bennyjohnson) June 7, 2020
With the increase in carjackings, there was also advice on how to be the “perfect victim,” as characterized in the tweet below:
Look another email on how to be a perfect victim in #MplsCrime just came out, but wait @MayorFrey says Minneapolis is a safe vibrant place pic.twitter.com/1eIBY0oei9
— Hennepin County Police & Fire monitoring (@HCP_FM) July 28, 2020
Here’s a sampling of responses to the “Liberal Utopia,” as one social media user summed up events in the Democrat-run city:
1. Defund the Police
2. “Cooperate with criminals like good victims”
3. Liberal Utopia
— Razor (@hale_razor) August 2, 2020
That’s not robbery prevention…
— Rob Nelson (@RobertNelson23) August 1, 2020
Give up your freedom so criminals can have theirs.
— Mark Compliant Not (@mkos66) August 2, 2020
I don’t even want to know what their thoughts are on sexual assault…
— Michael Stevens (@TheOldGuyinFL) August 2, 2020
I think they did. That’s the problem
— C’mon on Man, That’s Malarky! (@mikediller) August 2, 2020
At least they’re giving you the green light to drive through a protest. pic.twitter.com/X160nO9jnU
— Pathofmostresistance (@Pathofmostresi1) August 2, 2020
They should add, “Purchase a handgun, learn to use it, and carry it loaded with hollow points every day.” “Because any police left can’t or won’t help you. And your neighborhood is a dangerous nest of thugs.”
— KZ (@KZCRNA) August 1, 2020
Let me see if I have this straight.
1. Criminals don’t comply with the law.
2. Citizens should comply with criminals.
Having laws or following laws in Minneapolis doesn’t appear to be in anyone’s self-interest any longer.
— Ron Franklin (@RonaldBFranklin) August 2, 2020
Please call 911 and a social worker will respond in 3-5 days.
— kelly given (@kellygiven) August 2, 2020
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- Did Sunny Hostin just admit on air to breaking the law by voting for her son? - November 8, 2022
- Stacey Abrams justifies trailing in the polls by suggesting black men are too stupid to back her - November 7, 2022
- Kevin McCarthy has message for Pelosi telling Dems to ‘change the subject’ away from inflation - October 24, 2022
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.