Op-ed views and opinions expressed are solely those of the author.
Liberals habitually call just about everything racist these days except for each other and with the hyper-sensitivity on college campuses and the demands for all white liberals to be guilt-ridden over their imaginary privilege, even that’s not a rock-solid defense anymore.
If everybody and everything is racist, then how do you define racism? If the KKK = Redskins fans = Donald Trump = people who believe in a colorblind world = Nazis = people that opposed Obamacare = anyone who flies a Gadsden flag — the word racism is meaningless.
Of course, racism does have a meaning outside of the “everything I don’t like is racist” way liberals define it. Per the Oxford dictionary, it’s “prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior.”
With that in mind, let’s shine a spotlight on some of the nearly unlimited numbers of things liberals have taken to falsely calling racism in recent years:
1) The A-OK Sign: As a prank, 4Chan decided to claim that the A-OK symbol was racist. Liberals being liberals, humorlessly started accusing everyone using the OK symbol of being racist. Obviously, this was HILARIOUS, so people across the political spectrum started flashing the OK symbol to tweak them. It became so popular that even a few white supremacists got in on the act, which in the mind of liberals, justified their hysterical overreaction in the first place. Obviously, this is ludicrous. Keep on making the A-OK sign and laughing at the people with sticks up their behinds that claim it’s a racist symbol.
2) Voter ID: This may be the most bizarre one on the list not just because you need ID to do everything from renting an apartment, to getting on a plane, to buying alcohol, but because the argument is that black Americans are so poor/ignorant that they can’t possibly manage to get an ID. This argument is never made about Jews, Hispanics, whites or Indians, it’s always made about black Americans. I’m not sure why white liberals have concluded that black Americans are so uniquely stupid/incompetent that they can’t manage to get an ID, but it seems pretty insulting. Last but not least, it’s worth noting that we are talking mostly about white liberals here because 77% of non-white voters support voter ID.
3) Being Against Illegal Immigration: To have a country, you must have a border. To have a meaningful border, you have to enforce it. To enforce your border, there needs to be some kind of punishment for crossing it illegally. Perhaps the lightest punishment available is deportation. That’s really not much different than saying to a burglar, “You just have to leave the house. Okay, you’re out? Then you are free to go.” Arguing that anyone who simply wanders across our borders should be able to live here, take advantage of things paid for by taxpayers, and become citizens if they feel like it, whether their presence benefits people who already live here or not, runs contrary to how every nation on earth works. That was widely understood until the last few years. In fact, even the squishy, pro-amnesty Democrats used to at least PRETEND to support border security. They’ve given up on that and have just moved on to calling everyone that disagrees with them “racist.” Well, if wanting to have a border is “racist,” then every nation on earth is “racist.”
4) Disagreeing with Minorities: The idea that we can simultaneously have a multi-racial society AND that it’s racist for white Americans to disagree with or criticize minorities is obviously unworkable. Yet we commonly see everything from political disagreements, to conflicts between the police and criminals, to stories about “Karens” calling the police on black kids for whatever reason, chalked up to racism with no proof whatsoever beyond the races of the people involved. If this is really what you believe then you are basically making a de facto argument for the crazy white supremacist idea that America should split into different race-based nations. If we can’t disagree with each other without being racists, then obviously we can’t live together successfully long-term.
5) Wearing a MAGA Hat: Remember the naïve days of 2008 when so many of us thought, “I hate that Obama won, but at least after we’ve had a black president, people will have a lot harder time arguing that this is a racist country?” Now, back in the present day, we literally have a majority of Democrats claiming that the almost 63 million people that voted for Trump are racists because of nothing more than circular reasoning that goes, “Trump is racist because we say so and the only reason anyone could support him is because he’s racist.” Of course, this ignores the fact that the vast majority of people that voted for Trump don’t think he’s racist and would give you lots of reasons they support him that have nothing to do with racism. It also ignores the fact that over a million black Americans voted for Trump and that the most diehard, hardcore, white MAGA fans enthusiastically cheer on minorities they view as being on their side like Kanye West, Clarence Thomas, and Candace Owens. In other words, no one who’s intellectually honest can make this argument, which explains why it’s so common on the Left.
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- Seven reasons American culture has become toxic - October 13, 2019
- 25 lies liberals will tell you - October 6, 2019
- Why Elizabeth Warren’s wealth tax would be terrible for America - October 5, 2019
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.