Want more hot BPR News stories? Sign up for our morning blast HERE
With only a month left to pick his vice president, insiders to Donald Trump’s campaign are saying Republicans are divided over who he should choose.
Members of the POLITICO caucus in about 10 key states voted and revealed just who Trump should be picking and who he is most-likely eyeing for the job.
Here are the results:
- Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich – 13 percent
- Florida Sen. Marco Rubio – 9 percent
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich – 8 percent
- Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice – 8 percent
- Iowa Sen. Joni Ernst – 7 percent
- Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions – 7 percent
A number of democrats and nonpartisan insiders said Rubio should be Trump’s vice presidential pick, while Republican insiders overwhelmingly chose Gingrich for the position.
“He’s intimately knowledgeable how Congress works and has a keen understanding of how to push the Executive Branch,” a Republican insider from Florida told POLITICO. “Speaker Gingrich also brings the conservative credibility that should assuage some of the establishment class which is licking their wounds after being squeezed and beaten for the past year.”
“He is excellent on his feet,” said a Republican insider from Virginia.
Trump is expected to reveal his running mate for the presidential ticket at the Republican National Convention next month.
Sign up for our morning blast HERE
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- Former Somali Muslim refugee defeats longtime Minnesota state representative - August 13, 2016
- Clinton Foundation donors page is now blocked: ‘This is a weird thing’ - August 13, 2016
- Trump announced his big move on the campaign trail in order to win election: ‘It’s set up, we have to do it’ - August 13, 2016
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.