By: Cabot Phillips, Campus Reform
- This month, Justice Anthony Kennedy announced he would be retiring from the Supreme Court of the United States, giving President Donald Trump an opportunity to nominate a potential replacement.
- Despite the fact that Trump’s decision was still days away from being finalized, students unanimously condemned Trump’s move, harshly criticizing the president’s nonexistent nominee.
This month, Justice Anthony Kennedy announced he would be retiring from the Supreme Court of the United States, giving President Trump an opportunity to nominate a potential replacement.
Instantly, Trump’s political opponents began questioning the credentials of those who were thought to be on his shortlist for the position.
The same sentiment was seen on social media from pundits and members of Congress alike — but what would college students have to say about the matter? Did they have substantive reasons for not trusting the potential replacement, or were they simply set on opposing any Trump nominee?
To find out, I headed to New York University to ask students what they thought about who Trump had chosen to replace Justice Kennedy.
Despite the fact that Trump’s decision was still days away from being finalized, students unanimously condemned Trump’s move, harshly criticizing the president’s nonexistent nominee.
“He’s quite extreme in his views,” said one student of the fictitious Judge.
“I saw it all over the news, that he’s like racist,” another student added, referring to the announcement that hadn’t yet happened.
“I saw the new nominee is like racist, and he’s starting a new wave of something very negative, and I’m really scared about the future and what choices he will make,” another pupil added.
When asked if she’d seen the online coverage of the event, one faculty member described witnessing “outrage… as it should be.”
What else did students have to say? Did anyone realize the decision had not yet been made?
Watch the full video to find out:
Millions of Americans regularly learn the truth through CampusReform.org. Will you help reach millions more with your gift today?
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- Biden: Musk’s foreign ties are ‘worth being looked at’ after ‘joint acquisition’ of Twitter with ‘other countries’ - November 10, 2022
- With Republicans poised to take back the House, a key opportunity to reverse Dems’ insanity emerges - November 9, 2022
- Elon Musk offloads nearly $4 billion in Tesla stock as shares continue to tank - November 9, 2022
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.