Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump was named as a nominee Monday for Time magazine’s annual “Person of the Year” award, but considering who he’s sharing the honor with, he may want to take a pass.
They include Islamic State leader Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi as well as activists in the Black Lives Matter movement, which has fueled animosity toward law enforcement officers and whose rhetoric has arguably been a catalyst to police ambush shootings.
Here’s its full list of finalists, in alphabetical order:
1. Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi, ISIS leader
2. Black Lives Matter activists
3. Caitlyn Jenner, formerly known as Bruce Jenner
4. Travis Kalanick, CEO of Uber
5. Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany
6. Vladimir Putin, President of Russia
7. Hassan Rouhani, President of Iran
8. Donald Trump, Republican presidential candidate
Time drew fire when it nominated Usama bin Laden for the distinction in 2001, prompting the editors to explain that the choice is based on which person most influenced world events in that year.
Time will reveal its Person of the Year on Wednesday.
The 2014 Person of the Year was The Ebola Fighters.
Watch Kelly Wright discuss each of the nominees on “Fox and Friends First,” and see the original list here.
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- ‘Act like a grownup’: Drunk driver sobs when she loses plea deal by coming 4 hours late to court - July 23, 2017
- ‘I would’ve fired her the day I met her’: Glenn Beck reveals more about Tomi Lahren mess - July 23, 2017
- Canadian thug beats 74-year-old cyclist bloody with a club in road rage fit– and they say US is more violent? - July 23, 2017
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.