VIDEO: Popular boy band guitarist’s hair catches fire on stage

Popular boy band 5 Seconds of Summer were on fire during a concert Saturday — literally.

While playing a set in London in front of throngs of fans, Michael Clifford, the guitarist for the Australia-based favorite of young girls worldwide, accidentally walked into a pyrotechnic display, catching his hair on fire and causing about 5 seconds of terror.

Clifford immediately ran off stage to get treatment and the band cut short the show, according to the Huffington Post.

“Michael has hurt himself so we will not be continuing the show right now. He is OK,” Ashton Irwin, the band’s drummer, told the crowd.

Fortunately, Clifford is doing just fine and was able to join the band on stage Sunday night none the worse for wear.

After the incident Clifford took to social media to thank the fans and show his bandaged face.

WARNING: Strong language:


Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!

Success! Thank you for donating. Please share BPR content to help combat the lies.
Carmine Sabia


We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.

PLEASE JOIN OUR NEW COMMENT SYSTEM! We love hearing from our readers and invite you to join us for feedback and great conversation. If you've commented with us before, we'll need you to re-input your email address for this. The public will not see it and we do not share it.

Latest Articles