Mike Rowe built his reputation on being relatable to the common man. He’s best known as the host of the Discovery Channel series “Dirty Jobs.”
Recently a “fan” questioned Rowe’s lifestyle on his Facebook page and he answered her in pictures – snapshots that showed a glimpse of his humble living.
Identified as Kucera, she wrote:
“Please tell us truthfully that you 1. Don’t live in a mansion, 2. that you’ve made and eaten Kraft Macaroni Cheese in the past year, 3. that you’ve driven around to find a parking spot so you don’t pay for parking at a sporting event and 4. You haven’t pulled a Dan Patrick and dropped celeb names you’ve met or hung with in an attempt to score with someone.”
The response was classic Rowe and began with the word “howdy.” It doesn’t get more down-to-earth than that:
1) I don’t live in a mansion. I house sat in one once, and I kinda liked it. But I’ve never owned one, and have no plans to. My current apartment is very modest, relative to the zip code. It’s the same one I’ve come home to for the last 14 years. With the exception of a small smokestack that partially obscures Treasure Island and Alcatraz, the view is the best thing about it.
2) I do. But in the interest of full disclosure, I also have some Ancient Harvest, Mac and Cheese with quinoa. (It’s important to try new things.)Editor’s note: Try this Mexican Quinoa Recipe.
3) I can’t recall the last time I went to a sporting event and didn’t take public transportation.
4) Who is Dan Patrick?
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- Bare-faced Palm Beach Co. officials party at posh Breakers after forcing masks on helpless kids - September 20, 2021
- BPR is looking for weekend freelance writers - April 8, 2021
- Gillum, Nelson teams object to tossing non US citizen voter ballot during PB County vote counting circus - November 10, 2018
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.