The Billings Gazette apologized on Friday for its 2008 endorsement of Barack Obama for president in an editorial titled “Gazette opinion: Obama earned the low ratings.”
The Gazette said it missed George W. Bush and the “good ol’ days when we were at least winning battles in Iraq.”
It recapped several mistakes Obama has made during his presidency:
- Obama has also failed on energy policy by not approving the Keystone XL pipeline, which could be helpful to the economy.
- He has failed in Iraq; the country is now on the brink of civil war.
- The Gazette wrote that the Bowe Bergdahl exchange made the Obama administration seem incompetent.
- The VA system has been mismanaged by the Obama administration, leading to veterans dying before they could receive medical care.
- Obama has also broken his promise to become the “most transparent administration in history.” The Gazette said the president’s administration is so opaque that is has earned a reputation worse than that of Richard Nixon.
The Gazette closed its editorial by noting that these mistakes “demonstrate a disturbing trend of incompetence and failure”:
These are all signs — none of them definitive on their own, necessarily. However, when taken in completely, these demonstrate a disturbing trend of incompetence and failure. It’s not just that Americans are in a sour mood about national politics. That’s probably part of it. Instead, Obama has become another in a line of presidents long on rhetoric and hopelessly short on action.
Obama’s hope and change have left liberals and conservatives alike hoping for real change, not just more lofty rhetoric.
Published with permission from the Washington Free Beacon.
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- Kamala Harris: ‘Listen, women are getting pregnant every day in America, and this is a real issue’ - July 25, 2022
- How a small border town is dealing with huge consequences of Biden’s border policies - June 25, 2022
- Biden admin expands ‘critical habitats’ for endangered species to include lands they no longer live in - June 25, 2022
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.