If you are inclined to spend your Sunday catching up on politics, USA Today provides an overview of the guests, lawmakers and topics that are scheduled on the hottest political talk shows.
Today’s lineups include:
• Fox News Sunday: Pik Botha, a former South African foreign minister, will share personal stories about Mandela. Botha had served in the apartheid government in its final years and later served in Mandela’s government. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., will also be a guest to discuss a potential 2016 presidential run, health care and other issues.
• ABC’s This Week: Former U.S. ambassador to South Africa Jendayi Frazer, pollster Stan Greenberg, former New York Times Johannesburg bureau chief Bill Keller, and Gay McDougall, former member of the Independent Electoral Commission of South Africa, will talk about Mandela. Keller is author of the book Tree Shaker: The Story of Nelson Mandela. Greenberg has done polling for Mandela, Clinton and other leaders.
In addition, Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., and Sen. Rob Portman, R-Ohio, will discuss budget battles. Media reports have suggested the two sides may be nearing a deal that would avoid another government shutdown.
• NBC’s Meet the Press: Civil rights leader Jesse Jackson and Charles Ogletree — a law professor at Harvard University who has written extensively on race and justice issues and marched for Mandela’s freedom in the 1980s — will be among guests discussing Mandela’s legacy.
• CBS’ Face the Nation: Former secretary of State James Baker, Randall Robinson — who led the anti-apartheid group TransAfrica — and poet Maya Angelou will discuss Mandela.
• CNN’s State of the Union: House Homeland Security Committee Chairman Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Texas, and House Intelligence Committee member Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., will talk about the Iranian nuclear deal. Conservatives have criticized a deal to freeze Iran’s nuclear program, claiming it lifts some sanctions without any guarantees from Iran.
Read more about the guests and topics at USA Today.
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- Kamala Harris: ‘Listen, women are getting pregnant every day in America, and this is a real issue’ - July 25, 2022
- How a small border town is dealing with huge consequences of Biden’s border policies - June 25, 2022
- Biden admin expands ‘critical habitats’ for endangered species to include lands they no longer live in - June 25, 2022
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.