The ingenuity of the American people in the face of a crisis is renowned, as is a great sense of humor summoned to deal with such events. It’s when these traits come together that we’re often in for a real treat.
On that note, following on the heels of the news last week that the once vibrant city of Detroit is filing for bankruptcy, an innovative soul put the Motor City up for sale over the weekend on e-Bay.
The opening bid for Detroit is $7.50, with the “seller notes” cautioning: “Highly damaged, missing residents and defective infrastructure.”
The sales pitch offered to persuade a reluctant buyer:
This is your chance to own a piece of America!
Known for producing some of America’s finest automobiles like the Chevy Vega and Ford Pinto, Detroit was once home to a bustling industrial and manufacturing economy.
All it needs now is a little TLC (and approximately 3 trillion dollars). In addition to owning a little slice of Michigan, your purchase of Detroit gets you:
- An honorary Detroit Pistons championship ring from 2004
- That cool Chrysler commercial with Eminem
- A statue of Robocop that might get built
- The 1,297th ranked educational system in America
- Justin Verlander
- Unlimited use of the phrase, “Detroit Muscle”
- The complete catalog of Motown Records albums including Diane Ross, Stevie Wonder and Marvin Gaye. You know, ‘baby makin’ music
Buy within five days of this listing and get Flint, Michigan for FREE! A bonus worth more than $75!
Bid with confidence, folks. This one won’t last long.
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- Did Sunny Hostin just admit on air to breaking the law by voting for her son? - November 8, 2022
- Stacey Abrams justifies trailing in the polls by suggesting black men are too stupid to back her - November 7, 2022
- Kevin McCarthy has message for Pelosi telling Dems to ‘change the subject’ away from inflation - October 24, 2022
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.