Orange juice isn’t just popular in the United States. Five Florida companies, supported by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, sold Florida products at the world’s largest annual food and hospitality show, Gulfood 2013, in Dubai last month.
The department regularly conducts trade missions and works trade events in the United States and in foreign countries to bring awareness to Florida products and increase sales overseas, according to the department.
“Florida produces some of the highest-quality and best-tasting food products in the world, and international demand for these products continues to grow,” Commissioner of Agriculture Adam Putnam said in a statement about the event. “With our support on trade missions, Florida’s overall exports of agricultural products have increased by $1.2 billion, or 40 percent, during the past five years.”
Gulfood is professionally managed and hosted by the Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC) which touts more than three decades of experience in delivering world-class events in the Middle East. They feature local, regional and international exhibitors with an expertise in market knowledge.
According to the Gulfood 2013 website, Dubai is the trading hub of the Middle East:
- UAE’s imports totaled US $3.6 billion in 2010 and are estimated to rise to US $5.5 billion in 2015. The majority of this is traded through Dubai.
- UAE’s ports account for a 61% majority of trade volume among the GCC countries.
- Dubai was ranked among the top 10 world container ports in 2010 with 11.60 million-TEUs.
The event hosted 137 U.S. companies, including five from Florida:
- Florida’s Natural Growers
- LTA International Global Services
- Bouras Global Trading
- Natalie’s Orchid Island Juice Company
- Kizable Kandy, LLC
Putnam’s office reports that collectively, the companies sold $1.2 million of products on site and expect another $4.8 million in projected sales.
Gulfood has already set a date for the 2014 event.
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
- Kamala Harris: ‘Listen, women are getting pregnant every day in America, and this is a real issue’ - July 25, 2022
- How a small border town is dealing with huge consequences of Biden’s border policies - June 25, 2022
- Biden admin expands ‘critical habitats’ for endangered species to include lands they no longer live in - June 25, 2022
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.